Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh oh.....i need help

Ok, the other day i went out to play in the rain, and i got into some trouble. I fell into a 4 foot hole filled with water and i bent and cracked the bracket to my control arm. I was woundering how much it will cost to get it fixed????? I miss driving my rig!!!!

It depends on what all is broken. If its just the LCA bracket then I'd say $50 or so plus parts. If its not cracked too bad then you could just straighten it and weld it back together. That would be cheaper.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

which bracket.?
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by elpjeep View Post
        Ok, the other day i went out to play in the rain, and i got into some trouble. I fell into a 4 foot hole filled with water and i bent and cracked the bracket to my control arm. I was woundering how much it will cost to get it fixed????? I miss driving my rig!!!!
        Que Pasa Amigo! Hows EP treatin ya? I was born and raised in El Paso, went to Irvin High (Northeast) WAYYYY back in the '70s. Where were you wheelin when you went mud diving? I used to wheel out at Trans Mountain, where the desert park is now on the East side of the mountain. There and out on the tank proving grounds at Fort Bliss. Damn those are the good ole days.
        Welcome to MJR.
        Kurt
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah if its just the mount then it shouldnt be too bad of a fix, any local shop should be able to either bend and weld it back to new or get a replacement and weld it up for you.
          Or you can just go to your local wreaker and cut an old one off and get some one to weld it on for you.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Whew! i called a couple of places this morning and i got a little whole in the wall place that did just that. Its the bracket that connects the lower control arm to the axle. They bent, and welded back...just charged me 20 bucks. Now...this 4x4 shop wants to charge me $150 to replace the both front lower control arm brackets and reinforce them. You guys think its good? OR...what would you guys do???????????
            Last edited by elpjeep; 11-14-06, 11:21 PM.

Comment

:::::Rat Patrol:::: Que pasa?! Que estas aciendo en california? Wow thats crazy. Yeah i went to del valle hs, in the lower valley. I go to 'red sands' every sunday. I'm pretty sure you know about it, the red sand dunes place. Also, me and some buddies go out to Ruidoso, NM. Very fun
              Last edited by elpjeep; 11-14-06, 11:25 PM.

Comment

get some 3/16 plate and just weld it to the bottom of your brackets. that will strengthen it up greatly.. 150.00? screw that!
                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Get the Currie control arm skids. It cost me less than $50 for parts and welding las month, and that's CA prices.
                  [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                  X