Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mud Flaps???

Have any of you ever been pulled over and given a fix it ticket for Mud Flaps? I really don't want them on my jeep. Are there any temporary mud Flaps on the Market that I can just show up to the PD with, have them sign my fix it ticket, and then take them off again?

Originally posted by Rudeboyrob88
    Have any of you ever been pulled over and given a fix it ticket for Mud Flaps? I really don't want them on my jeep. Are there any temporary mud Flaps on the Market that I can just show up to the PD with, have them sign my fix it ticket, and then take them off again?

Just how big is your jeep...post picture.
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Yeah thats a retarted law, im not sure about temp mudflaps but if you just buy some then show up to the PD with them you can just sell them later.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Its got a 4" lift, and 31" x 12.5"s not really that big compared to the rest of the monster trucks driving around So Cal.

Comment

Did you get a ticket for it the way it is in that pic?!
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Good looking XJ!!!!
            Wow.... well, obviously I have time on my hands here....so I am doin what I call a 'materdaddy'. Finding things on the internet. I'm learning here. Here's a link I found on another forum, to the Cal. D.M.V. laws concerning mudflaps as well as video stuff. Interesting reading.
            http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...le=27600-27607
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

Seems like.....this would apply to every jeep out there, if the cop really wanted to take issue.
              (Charles Wells)

Comment

Deng Bob, Nice link...
                Well loooks like its only a matter of time till I get pulled over, just finished the front trim on the XJ and on friday its the rears.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

tickets

i got pulled over on my way to bigbear like 3 months ago for no mudguards/ thats what he wrote, i cut up some rear tj flares for all four corners, to get the ticket signed off, mounted them with some stickey velcro and he signed it off for me. i still run no flares. that was when i was running 10" wide rims/////no good!!!//Kevin

Comment

Sweet my home town... Did he touch the "flares" at all? Im assuming he didnt grab them and it came off... haha you wouldnt happen to have a pick of that would you?

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by swbooking
                      Did you get a ticket for it the way it is in that pic?!

Yes. The fender flares are actually off too. That may have made it more obvious. It just pisses me off seeing soooo many other vehicles on the road w/o them. Even stock pickup trucks.

Comment

Yeah IMO they should pull over all those super lifted F-250s and Silverados. Theyre way more dangerous then us Jeeps. Like i said that law is retarted...

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I have been pulled over many times until I got these removeable mud flaps. They are awsome and come of just by pulling the pin.http://www.off-road.com/jeep/cheroke.../mudflaps.html

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. Those removable flaps with the pins seem pretty cool. Don't know if this is a dumb question or not, but they only need to be on the back right? Or do all 4 tires need them?

Comment

HAHA its not stupid, I have the same question... but im pretty sure they only have to be on the rears.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X