Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• noob with some Qs about XJ

hey guys im new to the forums im for greenville, SC, im lookin at gettin an XJ and im hopin yall can answer some of my Qs. im lookin at gettin a 97-00 XJ 4x4 I6 (any one preferre the 96- older modles?if so why?), and would like to know how these things hold up and how reliable they are? next question is when i get it i wanna do a 4.5" or higher lift with 32's how streetable is this setup (its gonna be a daily driver) and what all do i need besides the lift kit to make everything work properly? also are gears a must and if so how do i know which ones to get? i hope to be wheelin soon! thanx in advance!!

anybody got any info????????

Comment

dude, you waited 27 minutes for more info. Be more patient.
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Well you asked a mouthful. First off, any XJ Newer or older model is great. THe inline 6 is a plus. I run a RE 4.5 with 32s and its my DD it is smooth on the street and can hold its on on the trails. Your going to need and SYE kit and a CV Driveshaft, and new longer travel shocks (id go with bilstien 5100s to start with) and it depends on what your stock axle gear ratio is and what RPMs you want to be running at about 65 on the freeway. Im most likely going to go with 4.11 gears or 4.56s i havent decided yet. Anythign else?
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

I had a 92 xj and currently have 01 xj they both are great. My 92 had the High Output I6 that was more powerful. Other then that the ride and everthing else is the same.

Comment

i believe thats pretty much all i needed. thanx for your response it was very helpful!

Comment

i'd only add that you really ought to upgrade the rear axle too if you can esp if anticipating use of lockers. The Missus likes 4.56 and standard tcase just fine with 33's. The RE 5.5 lift with drop brackets is very streetable.
              Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
              2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
              X