Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More horse power

How can I get more horse power out of my 2.5L ...???..I already put on a "spacer" for my throttle body ....I heard about putting on a exhaust system (cat back) .....how about plug wires and distributor cap..??..any info. would be apprecaited.

Regear your axles ring&pinion.....or swap in a 4.0

Seriously, short of supercharging, all the tricks will only get you what, 5-10 HP, maybe a few more lbs. of torque. And, after you wasted money on those trick parts (header,Ignition, intake, etc.) you could have been real close moneywise to a 4.0 swap anyway.

Comment

the 4 banger is a lacking motor. no since on polishing a turd. regearing is a BIG thing that you can do, but it will get you so far. i mean you cant have super off the line power and be at 7,000 rpm going 40mph ya know.....?! you can do mild stuff that will help minimally. as with any vehicle jeep or not that includes: in/out/between... in=intake and air filter out= exhaust (muffler/header/cat) inbetweens= ignition, going to an electric fan conversion, better plugs, and thats about it engine wise. unless you want to tear your head off, port/polish it, stuff like that.

if i had a 2.5L id buy a 4.0 and a new tranny as well. then again the 4.0 isnt enough for me anymore.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

i dont know what yr your rig is, but i know that scottys4x4 out here in fontana, ca (they are a jeep yard and a big one at that) can sell you a nice 4.0 for about 1300.00 and an ax15 for about 600.. thats what i'd do. actually i'd buy a titan stroker from ebay but hey.... you can sell your motor/tranny (hopefully) to help rebuilt your wallet.
        1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
        X