Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stinger

any aftermarket stingers out there that i can just weld onto my bumper? psc's is nice but i dont want to lose my tomkin stubby bumper..
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

i really like the posion spyder stingers but the comp front one welds to the body and bolts to where your old bumper goes...just my two cents
    Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

easy to make

I just made mine out of same 2 1/2 inch pipe and some elbows, no bender required. Pretty easy and you could weld it to any bumper you like. Took about 3 hrs to make and install. You only need a welder, some sort of saw to cut the tubing and a grinder!
      '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

I can bend you one. PM me with what you want (tube size, overal length, distance between legs, etc).
        Last edited by Dukes69; 10-04-06, 09:04 PM.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Blue Torch Fab makes one..
          http://www.bluetorchfab.com/oscomm/c...roducts_id=406
          therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

thanks for the offer Dukes69. i may take you up on it. i dont know the dimensions and stuff. i have a lot of junk up front. winch, winch mount, bumper and big day lighters.. i like that blue torch one to. i like a stinger/grill hoop. didnt before because it looked to congested but im thinking about protection more and more. Dukes69, can you help me properly weld up my so so properly welded psc trail cage? i really just need to pull it out, weld up the reinforcement brackets on the front near the vents and do something with the spreaders where they meet the oem cage. thanks.. i need to paint it to. apartment life sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
              thanks for the offer Dukes69. i may take you up on it. i dont know the dimensions and stuff. i have a lot of junk up front. winch, winch mount, bumper and big day lighters.. i like that blue torch one to. i like a stinger/grill hoop. didnt before because it looked to congested but im thinking about protection more and more. Dukes69, can you help me properly weld up my so so properly welded psc trail cage? i really just need to pull it out, weld up the reinforcement brackets on the front near the vents and do something with the spreaders where they meet the oem cage. thanks.. i need to paint it to. apartment life sucks!
              I just looked at the BTF kit and it looks like a pretty good deal to me.

I can weld the mess up, no problem. I would want to do it with the cage in the vehicle. Reason for this is the heat can move the tubes around a good amount and we'll spend more time trying to install the cage then we did welding it.

shoot me some pictures of that we're working with and give me a call if you'd like (310-714-1957)
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

reason i'd want to pull the cage is to weld underneath the lil support brackets on the front pillars. the whole cage is 220v mig'd but the support brackets in the pic are 110v mig. i forgot to have the guy do those and did them myself. im sure they arent strong nuff. now did i address the bolt part of the cage to the stock oem cage. hope the pics help.

Comment

Ahh, I see said the blind man to the def mute. yeah, those A-pillar brackets are a mess. Have the welds been ground? I'm sure we can fix all the problems with a bit of work.

as for the stinger, we can place it right in line d-ring mounts. Thats approx 37 or so inches, IIRC. I'll have to look at my dies to see if I can bend that tight. It might be better for you to buy something like the BTF kit because I'll probably charge you just as much for just the stinger w/o the grill hoop. But its up to you.

give me a call or PM me.
                  -Chris
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i'll probably buy the stinger kit and pay you to weld the pillar on the cage better and to weld in the stinger. give me a couple of weeks though as im on another project right now.. kevin.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
                      i'll probably buy the stinger kit and pay you to weld the pillar on the cage better and to weld in the stinger. give me a couple of weeks though as im on another project right now.. kevin.
                      sounds good. Just let me know.
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                      X