Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Steering Question

First off, I did say that I recognized the proper order for upgrading my CJ5 into the 21st century was...

1st, Hydraulic Clutch
    2nd, Power Steering
    3rd, Power Brakes

However, I'm limited on my donor vehicles, so the power steering came first. So today I pulled a PS Box from an 80's cherokee and my question is this...

Are the PS lines from the PS pump to the box generally the same for all years? I looked pretty hard at the different boxes available and they looked identical for the most part. Except the Grand Wagoneer sitting there. I'd like to just run down to NAPA and grab up a power steering pressurized line for a 1980's-ish PS Box, but if the lines are different I guess I should know that.

Lil help please? And don't be shy about starting your reply with... "Look dumbass..." I've got thick skin.

Edit: Update with more info, maybe someone can help. I was planning to use the PS pump from the YJ (Freebie from Nailer341) and marry it up to the PS box I just got from this Cherokee. Now, as I understand it from a lil research, there are two types of hose connections for Jeep PS. One is flange and the other is O'ring. But I'm not sure what I have on either end. The hoses were gone when I got them from both parts. I'd venture to guess that the YJ is a flange, not sure about the PS box.
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 09-19-06, 09:12 PM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]
Working...
X