Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Hop? Help

My 03 Rubicon is doing this whole wheel hopping thing. When i get up to about 50 miles per hour the wheels will start to shake and after a few mph after that it will go away, but once in a while if I hit a bump wrong the wheels will just start shacking like a mother. I have some ideas what it couldbe but if anyone out there has some more ideas for me, Write back PLEASE.

Thanks KEVIN

Originally posted by Fire_Paramedic
    My 03 Rubicon is doing this whole wheel hopping thing. When i get up to about 50 miles per hour the wheels will start to shake and after a few mph after that it will go away, but once in a while if I hit a bump wrong the wheels will just start shacking like a mother. I have some ideas what it couldbe but if anyone out there has some more ideas for me, Write back PLEASE.

Thanks KEVIN
    do a search for death wobble.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yup. It has been talked about many times. Death Wobble will scare the sh!t out of you.....

Some (but not all) common causes:
      • alignment (been there done that)
      • poorly modified steering system (wrong geometry)
      • bent/damaged/worn suspension or steering component
      • out of balance tires
      • bent wheel(s)
      • bad tires (been there, done that)
      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Yup thats it! Its some scary stuff, I had it because of bad alignment and off balance tires. Got it all done and no more wobble! Scary driving like that at 80 on the tiny 60 fwy at night!
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Check all suspension and steering component bolts/nuts for tightness.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

yep i had it too man...i was getting it right at about 55 to 58 mph...i just got remounted and balanced the tires and it went away
            Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Working...
            X