Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a 75 and older CJ5??

I need to find out which top I have for my jeep, and need some measurements off of yours...Thanks in advance, Nate

Originally posted by mrcj5
    I need to find out which top I have for my jeep, and need some measurements off of yours...Thanks in advance, Nate
    I've a '74, what measurements do you need?
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I have a brand new Whitco top for my 81, but it doesn't seem to fit correctly. Along the top of the windshield is good, but it seems to be longer than it should be from the windshield to the vertical where the door comes down. Someone told me this might be for a 75, and older Jeep...So basically, if you have a top on yours, I need...

... the horizontal measurements from the windscreen back to the door vertical.

....the vertical measurements from the axis in the door opening down

....and the measurements from the rear door along the rail to the back of the Jeep

Basically a big Z looking at the side of the Jeep. I know that not all tops are made the same, but rough measurements will help me figure out what top this is....Thanks, Nate

Comment

Crap!

Originally posted by mrcj5
        I have a brand new Whitco top for my 81, but it doesn't seem to fit correctly. Along the top of the windshield is good, but it seems to be longer than it should be from the windshield to the vertical where the door comes down. Someone told me this might be for a 75, and older Jeep...So basically, if you have a top on yours, I need...

... the horizontal measurements from the windscreen back to the door vertical.

....the vertical measurements from the axis in the door opening down

....and the measurements from the rear door along the rail to the back of the Jeep

Basically a big Z looking at the side of the Jeep. I know that not all tops are made the same, but rough measurements will help me figure out what top this is....Thanks, Nate
        You didn't say you need me to have a top on it! I do not have a top for mine, but I'll do measurements and take pictures of where I measured so you'll have an understanding of what I measured okay? Will have to wait until I get home though, in about an hour to two okay?

In the mean time. I hope someone with a top for theirs answers up.

Comment

Thanks...I probably should have figured by the pic...and the word "Desert" in your name. I'm not so bright sometimes. I guess we'll see what happens...Thanks again.

Comment

Okay,

Sorry it's so late, but you know how it is when you get home and need to grill up dinner and eat with the wife... yea, I'm a lil whooped. But I like it.

Okay as for the CJ; I can only imagine where the door post would be. There are two holes drilled into the body on the ole girl and I imagine one is for the upright and the other is for the door latch maybe. This Jeep did have a top on it at one time, just not when I was the owner.

So here is what I came up with and I hope it's helpful.

Okay, overall length from the inside of the door jam to the end of the Jeep was 70". Man that seems short... but that's what it was.
            [SIZED]http://images18.fotki.com/v341/filemUp0/b75d4/9/9459/1183132/CJ5001.jpg[/SIZED]

Next, the hole on the left is exactly 35" from the front and the rear. Not sure if that's helpful but thought I'd throw that info in there. The wording on the picture is deceptive, that's actually 35" from front or rear... so it's the center of 70" overall.
            [SIZED]http://images18.fotki.com/v346/filer0WS/b75d4/9/9459/1183132/CJ5002.jpg[/SIZED]

You didn't ask for it, but maybe it makes a difference, the width overall from the snap rail on each side was 57.5"
            [SIZED]http://images18.fotki.com/v346/file2XI4/b75d4/9/9459/1183132/CJ5003.jpg[/SIZED]

I "sized" the pictures as they are quite large. If you want the full sized pictures, or if they "red X" on you, PM me and I'll email you the originals ok?

Hope this helps,
            Nick

p.s. YES the oil spot on the street is from the CJ. Any wonder why it's the Valdez?
            Last edited by USMC 0369; 09-05-06, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X