Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howe steering box

hey guys i just rescently picked up a Howe stering box of a friends 02wrangler x, the problem i am having is the hose line ends. stock box has female ports on the box and the hower box has male ends on the box. anyone know a way i can convert it or get lines that will work????

Take a look at summitracing.com plumbing dept, their range of fittings is staggering.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

www.vwparadise.com has them too
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

thanks guys, after looking morre into it.. It looks like im missing the adaper nuts that come with it. I have a local 4wheel shop and i know they sell HOWE stuff so im gonna go see if he can order me up some adapters for my tj. ill let you know how it goes. I noticed that the sector shaft has a tiny bit of play in it. is this normal????

Comment

You should check with Deering Industries in Long Beach on Cherry Ave..They specialize in fitting, hoses, etc.

Deering Industries ( High performance hardware, stainless steel hose & fittings ) 3300 Cherry Ave. Long Beach, CA 90807 Phone (562) 595-1668 ...
          Last edited by goin big; 09-04-06, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawkon
            thanks guys, after looking morre into it.. It looks like im missing the adaper nuts that come with it. I have a local 4wheel shop and i know they sell HOWE stuff so im gonna go see if he can order me up some adapters for my tj. ill let you know how it goes. I noticed that the sector shaft has a tiny bit of play in it. is this normal????
            no.. there should not be slop inthe sector shaft. this is why any of us get the lee box. he beefs up thesector shaft among other things.
            ERIK

Comment

I usually try not to trash people on the web, However I'll take any chance I get to trash Lee as a business man, and his ram assist steering system.
              I personaly have run his system and had him directly try to make it run correctly and ............................................?

Comment

Originally posted by goin big
                I usually try not to trash people on the web, However I'll take any chance I get to trash Lee as a business man, and his ram assist steering system.
                I personaly have run his system and had him directly try to make it run correctly and ............................................?
                well, that is the first i have heard of this.
                i use his steering box, and have no problems.
                ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by goin big
                  You should check with Deering Industries in Long Beach on Cherry Ave..They specialize in fitting, hoses, etc.

Deering Industries ( High performance hardware, stainless steel hose & fittings ) 3300 Cherry Ave. Long Beach, CA 90807 Phone (562) 595-1668 ...
                  Deering kicks ass! We use them for all our race car shit. Mitch is a cool dude.:yay:
                  [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                  SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                  Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

cool thanks guys. i found a company here in orange called TMZ, there gonna make the new line ends for me no problem. i just gotta remove my stock lines so they know what to work with. (ragarding adapters) Now the sector shaft play is not really slop, id say less then a 30second (smaller then a 16th). Just enough to make a click noise going from side to side. when i take my stock box off ill see what that one feels like.

Comment

Working...
                    X