Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

I am desperately seeking help with this problem and i have no clue what to do and i am hoping someone here can help me.....ok heres the story

I own a 86 jeep comanche with a 2.5 4 and a automatic tranny, i havge a problem with it where sometimes it wont start and will just flud out, but then if u go back a couple of ours later it will fire up just fine, we have dtermined when it does this it isnt getting any spark.
    this happened to us a couple of days ago and we ran out and bought plugs,wires a cap,rotor,an ignition module,and a coil and it didnt do it for almost 2 days and now its back to doing it again.

it seems to do it the most when you drive it for a little while and get it hot and try and restart it, or when it gets cold out at night.

we also thought the starter might be going bad and getting hot so we replaced it a week ago.....i just have no clue what this might be and this is my only transportation to work and stuff so any help you guys have would be very appreciated, thanks,
    jim

crank position sensor, or CPS. It tells the ignition when to fire. Give that a shot.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

+1 for CPS It happened on my Xj a while back... Fixed her right up.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Working...
      X