Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting a Hi-Lift

I want to paint my red hi-lift to match the color scheme of my Jeep. Can anyone recommend the correct brand or type of paint? Anyone have any experience here? Thanks

Just get a bottle of that Testers model paint, with one of those small brushes. Use that. It only takes 3 hours or so.

Sorry Bill. Just joking.

You will really be fine with any spray paint for metal. The one part you will have some trouble with is the handle. Get some fine sandpaper and rough it up a bit. The handle on your jack is shinny. If you don't rough it up the paint won't stick.

Once you have it painted the paint may chip after a use or two, but you can always paint it again. No problem.
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

the new hi-lift extreme is going to be charcoal gray powdercoated with gold annodized ends...it looks very sweet.. just buy one of those.
      It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Yeah. And get a set of spinners too. :homer: They would look good together!
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by willys2004
          I want to paint my red hi-lift to match the color scheme of my Jeep. Can anyone recommend the correct brand or type of paint? Anyone have any experience here? Thanks
          These guys will match your Jeep paint with rattle can paint.

http://expresspaint.com/
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

Spinners? Classic!

Thanks for the commens guys. I appreciate them all. I think my green dusty machine might look sweet with a gold plated hi-lift and some bling bling spinners. I'm going to top it off with some fuzzy dice. :bart:

Comment

Use a can of epoxy paint it has epoxy in it so its pretty durable and takes some abuse... i used it on my rims and it came out pretty good. Supposed to be scratch resistant.
              -Allen
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
                the new hi-lift extreme is going to be charcoal gray powdercoated with gold annodized ends...it looks very sweet.. just buy one of those.
                You guys thought he was kidding, but the new HL Extreme really DOES have a gold anodized handle...

'96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Working...
                X