Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really need help

my tj was recently plowed in to, in a parking lot, evrything was fixed i thought, but my alignment is off, and after looking underneath, i saw that the lower control arm bracket on the passenger side is bent really bad.
    Would this effect my alingment at all

what would happen if this were to break?

And have any idea on how much it would cost to get fixed?

Originally posted by jeeper87
    my tj was recently plowed in to, in a parking lot, evrything was fixed i thought, but my alignment is off, and after looking underneath, i saw that the lower control arm bracket on the passenger side is bent really bad.
    Would this effect my alingment at all

what would happen if this were to break?

And have any idea on how much it would cost to get fixed?
    Yes, it will affect your alignment. Yes it needs to be fixed. If it breaks you will die.

It will cost nothing as it's covered by the person who plowed into you.
    I am Savvy.

Comment

Yeah its deffinently not a good thing... If i brakes and your doing 70 on the freeway the outcome wont be pretty. You should take it back to who ever fixed it and tell them to do it right, then take it to a jeep dealer for inspection so that you know everything was done right.
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrblaine
        Yes, it will affect your alignment. Yes it needs to be fixed. If it breaks you will die.

It will cost nothing as it's covered by the person who plowed into you.
        state farm wont cover it because no one noticed the day of the accident and they say theres no proof it happend then

Comment

WOW thats some Bull S**t right there... I feel a law suit coming on. Stating that if you wouldnt have checked it out you could have potentially died!!! It was the insurance as well as the people who fixed your car's responsibility to make sure when you drove off that it was completely safe. and they let you drive off in an unsafe and VERY dangerous vechicle. This is their fault and should be covered.

THAT RIGHT THERE IS CALLED NEGLIGENCE! and there for reasonable cause to be sued.
          Last edited by swbooking; 06-08-06, 08:26 PM.
          |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

yeah but i need this to get to work and back, and in staed of going through all the b.s with state farm at the moment id wrater get it fixed tommorow if at all possible. no ones open to call right now, if you had to guess how much do you think that would run me.... believe me im not done with State Farm.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeper87
              state farm wont cover it because no one noticed the day of the accident and they say theres no proof it happend then
              I used to work at a body/mechanic shop and that's incorrect. They always make allowances for hidden or not immediately apparent damage. Inability to maintain alignment should be readily attributable to the accident with little to no discussion.

Why isn't your repair shop going to bat for you?
              I am Savvy.

Comment

Working...
              X