Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube fender(s)

Went out this morning and did one side of my tube fender install. I tried to save the whole fender but booggered it up anyway. The other side will be faster. I will cut it like it was suggested. Still have a couple finishing touches to do. Here's a couple of pic's

1997 TJ hp44/hp60-a lot of goodies

Nice man!

Those are some damn good looking tires and wheels by the way...
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

That is looking good Rick, cant wait to see the other side.

You going to paint them white?
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

paint them white....... I was thinking about slowly turn it black little by little. I still need to get some rear corner protection......probably more black....match my dog

Comment

Dog

Originally posted by sam 15
          paint them white....... I was thinking about slowly turn it black little by little. I still need to get some rear corner protection......probably more black....match my dog
          Rick,
          Whats wrong with your dog? You been ripping him again?

Tubes looking good, I'll let you know if I'll need a ride at Bronco Peak (Corral Canyon). May have rig ready by then not sure.....The date has changed on that ride to 6/17
          97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
          WEB site

Comment

who built those fenders?
            therockgods.com 1.)1989 YJ SPOA 38s(possilby for sale)2.)1991 Cherokee DD 3.)1975 International Truggy in progress...

Comment

I bought them from a guy on Jeeps Unlimited. He had a local fab shop make them. He was from Colorado if I remember right. Heavy duty when I bounce off the rocks.

Comment

What kind of rockers do you have? and is that a 3" flare extension on the fenders? Did you have to cut up your rockers at all?
                Supe
                97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I have the LoD rockers. The flare is 3 1/2" then it tappers in slightly on the way back. No modification to the rockers on the install, just had to loosen them up to slide the fenders past and re-tighten. I still have to add brackets to the front and then re-install some turn signals. I'm not going to re-install the side markers. Yeah, how bout them tires and wheels....I knew you would like them. Went out and got a matching wheel and another 35" spare so I'm good to go again.
                  Last edited by sam 15; 06-22-06, 01:42 PM.

Comment

I got the 6' Poison Spider tubes , tossed out my Sun rockers and got the Jeeperman rockers. The rockers are late but I think I will be doing a little grinding on the rockers.........
                    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                    WEB site

Comment

Tube Fenders

Gotta mount my crusher corners and then decide whether to get the 3" or six inch tube fenders with the built in flares.
                      Vern send some pictures when you get done with the install. Let me3 know how much tire sticks out beyond the flare.

Comment

Originally posted by TDS SD
                        Gotta mount my crusher corners and then decide whether to get the 3" or six inch tube fenders with the built in flares.
                        Vern send some pictures when you get done with the install. Let me3 know how much tire sticks out beyond the flare.
                        Ok G,
                        Take a look at Stormtroopers corner on the Bronco run. He only got the rear pass side done but it looks real good complete with correct white jeep paint and clear coat. Those are Rokmen corners I'll be putting them on also. But I'm going with flush mount led break lights. May have prob with the License plate side that corner is mangled pretty bad from DC. Oh black spray paint for me.
                        v
                        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
                        WEB site

Comment

So you have to cut up the stock fender and weld to the tube fenders to make this happin? Why is it they dont build bolt on tube fenders? Did you weld it up yourself or farm it out? Mig or stick weld?
                          "You sold a reverberating carbonizor with mutate capacity to an unlicensed cepholoid"?

Comment

The reason most of them are not "bolt on" is the fact that they retain the factory inner fender (where all the engine compartment junk is bolted on). So you [generally] have to cut the outer fender off at the lip where it is spot welded to the inner fender, then replace all that junk with the new tube and sheet metal.
                            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Tube fenders.

I'm leaning towards Posion Spyder with the 6" flares. They are pricy but my fabrication skills are a little weak. Here is a link to their install instructions. http://www.spydercustoms.com/tjparts...s/install.html

Comment

Working...
                              X