• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? For Winch Install

92 STOCK YJ BUMPER
    MILE MARKER 8000 # WINCH
    UNIVERSAL MOUNTING PLATE
    I MOUNTED THE WINCH TO THE PLATE AND THEN GOING TO INSTALL ONTO THE BUMPER/FRAME BUT THE BOTTOM BOLT HEADS THAT HOLD THE WINCH TO THE MOUNT ARE RESTING ON TOP OF THE BUMPER. NO ROOM TO MOVE FORWARD OR BACK. SEEMS UNSTABLE TO ME. AM I SUPPOSED TO DRILL HOLES IN THE TOP OF THE BUMPER SO THE BOLT HEADS DROP THRU AND IT WILL SIT LEVEL? uSE WASHERS TO SHIM UP THE OTHER BOLTS? JEEZ, WHAT A PAIN. POOR DESIGN IT SEEMS.
    THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.
    S

Can you run the bolts through the winch plate (under side) and thread nuts in the housing slots? I wouldn't use the washers as shims. If needed, I'm in Claremont and could cruise by Sat. night to take a peek and offer my .02

Originally posted by WINCHHEAD
    92 STOCK YJ BUMPER
    MILE MARKER 8000 # WINCH
    UNIVERSAL MOUNTING PLATE
    I MOUNTED THE WINCH TO THE PLATE AND THEN GOING TO INSTALL ONTO THE BUMPER/FRAME BUT THE BOTTOM BOLT HEADS THAT HOLD THE WINCH TO THE MOUNT ARE RESTING ON TOP OF THE BUMPER. NO ROOM TO MOVE FORWARD OR BACK. SEEMS UNSTABLE TO ME. AM I SUPPOSED TO DRILL HOLES IN THE TOP OF THE BUMPER SO THE BOLT HEADS DROP THRU AND IT WILL SIT LEVEL? uSE WASHERS TO SHIM UP THE OTHER BOLTS? JEEZ, WHAT A PAIN. POOR DESIGN IT SEEMS.
    THANKS FOR ANY ADVICE.
    S
    Last edited by FJ Crawlin'; 05-05-06, 08:22 PM.
    "run forest, run!"

Comment

Thats True. I Could Take The Bumper Off, Drill Holes And Feed The Bolt Thru The Bumper And Plate Up Into The Winch Legs. Might Need Just A Tad Longer Bolt. Good Thought, Thanks! I Moved To Riverside So It Would Be A Bit Of A Drive For Ya! Appreciate The Offer And The Help Tho!!

Comment

the two front bolts on mine go through the bumper, then the winch plate, and into the winch...all from the bottom.
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
          the two front bolts on mine go through the bumper, then the winch plate, and into the winch...all from the bottom.
          ditto for mine too
          :wink:

Comment

Ah, Ok. Got It. Thanks Guys.

Comment

Working...
            X