Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more roll cage Qs

I know a lot of you go with custom roll cages and it seems thats the way to go. I like a somewhat simple design that goes thorugh the dash, spreaders and dash bar and something for the back. i also know a lot of you get Rock-it-man to install them for you. im in Ventura so cal and am looking for any shops near by that can do some cage work for me. hell if the price is right ill go to rock-it-man also. any info would be great. thanks
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

I know you've already heard from me, but here's some more pics I found.

Essentially Offroad TJ Cage installed by Rock-It Man
    Here's our almost-finished writeup

:gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

nice i like that cage a lot. simple yet very tough. i would also like a bar that goes across the back sport cage too. Seems like a simple job. hope i can find someone with a good price close by.

if i only had a weldin' friend....
      [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

The cage is great, I love it for the reasons you stated. You can get more options, at least I think. We tried to mess up the CJ one we have, and couldn't. It's definitely tough! Even if you can't get a cage at the price you'd like, the money is worth it. Odds are if you use it, you'll use it closer to home than you think ...

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
          The cage is great, I love it for the reasons you stated. You can get more options, at least I think. We tried to mess up the CJ one we have, and couldn't. It's definitely tough! Even if you can't get a cage at the price you'd like, the money is worth it. Odds are if you use it, you'll use it closer to home than you think ...
          "if you'll use it, you'll use it closer to home than you think?

not sure if i get what you mean, but im on the search for welders and shops. thanks

Comment

accidents happen in your own backyard i know of a fellow who rolled the jeep down a hill on holcomb creek last year good thing for the cage!

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97
              if i only had a weldin' friend....
              They are the best kind...
              "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

if you want someone who knows what their doing in the ventura area, your best bet would be go to ventura 4x4.....dont know about their prices, but i always see a lot of cool custom stuff in their shop, including cages. they are located at 176 N. olive street (parrallel to the the avenue)
                the number there is 805 641 4000 good luck
                1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

ya i thought of them also. I have only driven by a couple of times. Looks like a run down house, doesnt even look like they have like an office or anything. do you know people that have gotten stuff doen there?

also think i should just do a quick scetch of what i want and show it to them

and i want .175 wall .120 D.O.M tubing right? nothing but?

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                    They are the best kind...
                    depends on their welder
                    I like the kind that also have a plasma cutter
                    Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

Ventura 4X4 has done all my work - Rancho lift, coil spacers, SYE, body lift, f/r ARB's, rear axles, gears, bellyup pan. They do excellent work, are very knowledgeable, and stand behind their work. Shop is owned by Ruben Garcia and his wife BilliJo. They can do any kind of custom welding and fabrication.

Comment

ccol stuff man well maybe ill swing by there shop sometime and talk to them. kinda a wierd location though do they have an office? or is it just a shop? thanks again for the good feedback i would love to get a cage done close by.

Comment

heres mine

And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Good work!! :wrench: :thumbs_up

It might be a good idea to put reinforcing plates where the tubes meet sheet metal. :2: ....or maybe you just haven't got that far yet.
                            "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

it goes to the frame
                              And NEVER call her by her friends name, unless you know how to fake a seizure

Comment

Working...
                              X