Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a noob with a postal jeep that refuses to start for the spring, please help :(

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a noob with a postal jeep that refuses to start for the spring, please help :(

I figured I would post in Short & Stucky since my jeep is most likely the shortest wheel base jeep ever made. A 1975 DJ5 (Dispatch Jeep) LHD.

I have posted in a few local forums and even asked my fellow jeep club members for help but despite my best attempts I have not been able to get my jeep to fire up. I did not want to just copy and paste all of my problems into this forum because I thoguht it would be better if you were able to see the suggestions I have gotten from fellow jeepers. I hope the link allows forum non-members to view it.

Thanks a ton.

http://www.bmja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14306
    1975 Jeep DJ5-258-Auto-Brush Gaurd- Jerry Can-Light Bar- Trail lights-Overhead CB-Firestick-Roof Rack-Hood Mounted Spare- Glasspack

I have a 1975 DJ5 also. It has a ford starter and a ford starter solenoid.

check the battery, battery cables, check grounds from engine to body and frame.

check the wires going to the starter solenoid. The two little wires, one is from the ignition switch (to make it start) the other goes to the ignition.
    it matters what one goes where. this solenoid needs a good ground to work.
    1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

I just replaced all of the wires and nothing would happen so I touched the + to the I post and it is trying to turn over but it ownt stop cranking! I took off the wire i used to try and jump them and it still kept cranking! I then turned off the key and it still was cranking! I finally had to disconnect the battery to make it stop. Now what?

I just went and disconnected the + and -, then reconnected tham and it still cranks as soon as it has power. Let me guess, I need another solenoid right?
      1975 Jeep DJ5-258-Auto-Brush Gaurd- Jerry Can-Light Bar- Trail lights-Overhead CB-Firestick-Roof Rack-Hood Mounted Spare- Glasspack

Comment

Working...
      X