Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Scratches in soft top windows

Hi There

A bit of help - Got some deep scratches in my '98 Jeep Wrangler windows. I've been told that a product called Plastic Renew would work in removing them - True? or False? Any other suggestions besides "Stay out of the Bushes!" ???

Much Thanks !!

Wheel topless?

Sorry, I've never worried about scratch's in them. Soft tops and the windows weren't meant to last forever, I usually get about 5 years out of them.
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

i have been told, believe it or not... pledge with lemon furnature polish works well
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Well considering the fact that I live in PA where the winters are harsh and cold.... (Freezin;, Frostin' and the like)... The visibility in the winter with scratched windows is almost nil. And soon Ole Man Winter will be knocking at the door. I don't have beautiful sunny days all year round like you CA'ers

I'll try the pledge. - Thanks for the help

JeepJeep!!

Comment

The windows on my soft top are all scratched as well. I replaced the driver side upper 1/2 door first, as it was bad, and the zipper stopped working as well. Steel Horse makes affordable OEM rplacement parts for the soft top. Considerably cheaper than Besttop or Supertop- but not as nice, no better than oem.
          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Deep Scratches

Pledge with Lemon. I guess we'll have to try that on ours. Zippers also quit worker if you're trying to zip up the window in a weird way like king4wd, especially while driving. Right dear?
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Above posting

I said quit worker. Oops, I meant quit working. That's what you get when you're on powerful medications to get over strep throat.

Comment

silicon spray works well for the worn zippers. they'll be like new again. i think we got that tip from cetrov.
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                  silicon spray works well for the worn zippers. they'll be like new again. i think we got that tip from cetrov.
                  Really? Never heard that before. King4wd just uses his wax from his mountain biking tool kit. It works for awhile then it's back to being crap.

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                    I might sound dumb or slow, but where can you buy some of that Silicon Spray? WE need some desperately for our driver side window. The stupid thing won't zip up at all and I washed Marvin today, so the driver's side got a bit soaked. Good thing it wasn't the Neon! Having no driver side window that is.

Comment

you can get it just about anywhere... home depot, target... wherever
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                        you can get it just about anywhere... home depot, target... wherever
                        Thanks Erik! I wasn't sure where to get it and Tom (king4wd) isn't home to ask. He's at the grindstone.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                          Thanks Erik! I wasn't sure where to get it and Tom (king4wd) isn't home to ask. He's at the grindstone.
                          It's not the grindstone, it's a saltmine I'll try to pick some up from the 24hr Wally-world on the way home. Then I'll monkey with the door to try and get that zipper zipping again.
                          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
                          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Working...
                          X