Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple yj upgrades

I recently drilled out the idler pickup tubes in my carter bbd as recomended on the jeeptech website, idle is nice and smooth now.
    Also did the heater blower motor upgrade. a pita but the heater cranks out heat now. I have enough hot air to keep my feet scorched, the window clear durning cold weather and all with both windows down.
    I have a Jeep

Good luck with your BBD. I did the autozone replacement carb, smog legal here in the PRC. It lasted a little over a year before it started going south. I drilled out the pickup tubes on the new card, and that lasted around 6 months before it started running rough. I swapped in the mopar mpfi and it has never run better. Really high $$$, so I am torn whether it was worth it or not. BTW, the smog tech says it is putting out new car numbers on the sniffer.

Not bad for a 16 year old jeep.

Comment

Yeah I got about 6 months out of the new carb before it went bad. I cleaned out the idler tubes and that lasted a month. I hope to get about another year out of the bbd, then I will probably go with the Howell TBI kit. BTW how is the MPI kit? do you have to run premium fuel? How was the install? how many miles did your engine have on it when you did it?
      I have a Jeep

Comment

I cleaned the tubes on mine, couple of times. The last time I did it, I went to the float bowl and found some rust. Took care of that and its been a year now and no problems.

Now to get off my a$$ and Start rebuilding my 4.0 for my CJ I just picked up.
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Working...
        X