Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tj front pipe on a yj

smashed my front exhaust pipe and was thinking of replacing it with a tj front pipe. Does anyone here now if you can by just the front pipe off of a tj or do you need to buy the complete exhaust system. If I can not buy just the front pipe any one have a good (cheap) place to buy the whole system. thanks.
    <><
    4x4him.org

it is not easy to find used, but worth the effort. i think the dealer has it for $300+
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If you buy a Pace Setter header it comes with all the pipe to go back to the cat. I got mine from JC Whitney for 120. What this one does is reroute the pipe from under the bell housing to in front of the oil pan and around to the cat on the other side. It no longer hangs down under the bell housing and is flush with the oil pan. Stays away from the rocks. Not a bad price etheir. There are other headers out there that do the same and are not to expensive.

Comment

thanks. Now does anyone know if a tj header will bolt up to my 4.2?
        <><
        4x4him.org

Comment

Locked....do you know if it has a CARB number? Did you get yours smogged locally?

Comment

mine is fuel injected so i don't know what a carb # is. And yes i did get it smogged locally. It has a mounting hole for the 02 sensor and is fifty state leagel.

Comment

I just checked their website. The price for the pacesetter ranges from $180 - $480. Their prices must have went up, but it is still a good price. The $180 one is painted, but the higher priced ones are ceramic coated. I might have to convince the wife she needs one.....

Comment

Originally posted by ChucknTammy
                I just checked their website. The price for the pacesetter ranges from $180 - $480. Their prices must have went up, but it is still a good price. The $180 one is painted, but the higher priced ones are ceramic coated. I might have to convince the wife she needs one.....
                Chuck, go see if Dave Totten at Charlies Muffler in Yucca can fab you a new headpipe and possibly reroute it for you. He's been in the exhaust business over 25 years. Tell him B.J. at Stellar Performance sent you. Good Luck....B.J.

Comment

Thanks, BJ. It doesn't NEED it yet, but I get carried away sometimes. I think the current priority is to put my bronco back together before I drop too much more $$$ on her jeep.

Comment

Working...
                  X