Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed the Tranny Problem

After all the trouble i went through, my dad found out that i was out of Clutch fluid...imagine that!
    Joshua

"You Ain't No Real Hawaiian!"

that is usually a sign of a slave going bad....
    hope i'm wrong, but i have the same deal going on with mine and it is the slave cylinder.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Is it leaking or what, i don't follow you,i'm guessing that's part of the master cylinder,i hope it's not that !!
      Joshua

Comment

the slave cylinder is the little thingy that pushes on the arm that engages the throwout bearing. On Erik's 95 4.0 YJ the slave cylinder is external, but on his 87 2.5 YJ its internal. I dont know which one you have, but its easy to tell. Look on the driver side of the tranny, if you see a black cylinder bolted to the tranny its an external slave, if you dont see it then you have an internal one, which requires you to drop the tranny to change. It is not part of the master cylinder, completely seperate. Keep an eye on the clutch fluid level, if you see it going down, you most likely have a leaky slave cylinder. Lets hope its an external one. Good Luck!
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

well, has the problem fixed itself? if not... then you may want to take a closer look at your slave cylinder. if you dont see any leaking arround the master cylinder, or any other of the braking components then likely the culprit is the slave cylinder. on your jeep i think it is inside the bellhousing. (what a pain in the ass) i have to do this slave job on my wifes jeep as soon as i get some time . you may as well do the clutch at the same time when you do this if you have any substantial miles on it.
          i hope it is a leak somewhere else in your braking system.
          let us know if you are still having leaking that you cant find.. also look above your pedals on the inside of your jeep at the firewall... if it is the master, it will leak there most often.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thanks guys i'll check all that tomorrow,and give you guys anupdate,let's hope it just all evaporated or it just got gone somehow,my jeep does have 129,000+ on it just incase that might help with the diagnosis.
            :yay:
            Joshua

Comment

Working...
            X