Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof

I have a question about bikini tops. I own an 85 Cj7 with full hard doors.
    I am wondering about a bikini top in the rain. If I get a wind jammer and duster plus bikini top will the jeep be water-proof, like good to leave outside that way. This is my first wrangler and am wondering about storage as we dont live in the driest climates.

Originally posted by kenny666
    I am wondering about a bikini top in the rain. If I get a wind jammer and duster plus bikini top will the jeep be water-proof, like good to leave outside that way. This is my first wrangler and am wondering about storage as we dont live in the driest climates.
    At the back of the door to the wind Jammer you will have a gap. Looks like your in snow country. with all the gaps, its going to be cold.
    :2:
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Do they make door surrounds for the CJ?
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
        At the back of the door to the wind Jammer you will have a gap. Looks like your in snow country. with all the gaps, its going to be cold.
        :2:
        I only plan on using the bikini top in the summer. Its hard to believe we only get snow 2-4 months of the year. I have a full hard top on it now.
        I was just wondering if the bikini top is a good thing to invest in. we get about 25-37'C summers.

Comment

Originally posted by kenny666

I guess I'm a little confused about which rig you are asking about. You first mention the CJ7, and then you finish up by mentioning your Wrangler...

Regardless, with all of those pieces (bikini top, wind jammer and dust cover) you still will not be water proof. The wind jammer just hangs and straps under/inside the roll bar, so you will have a gap around all of the edges. That whole setup acts as more of a wind breaker than a water stopper.

Hope this helps!
          -Bob
          '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Working...
          X