Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to find a Jeep shop

More and more I find that there's just not enough hours in the day to get the work done on my Jeep that I need to get done prior to my move, so it's time to farm the work out.

Now the problem is that I just don't know any place to go. I need some post engine swap stuff done, like hooking up an EVAP system, speedo and tach, that kind of stuff.

So can anyone recommend some place?
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Over on Paramount, the old Harvey's Jeep shop is now Jeep Solutions. They might be of some help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
      Over on Paramount, the old Harvey's Jeep shop is now Jeep Solutions. They might be of some help.
      those guys are really expensive.

you might try "mikes auto" on artesia between belflower and paramount. they have always been fair. they used to do all the work for don-a-vee in long beach, so they are familiar with jeeps.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

I dislike the term "Expensive" only I guess because I am a shop owner. I bet in my town there are 10 shops within a 10 block radius. Some of us choose to run our shops professionally, like having liability ins, workers comp, all the proper licenses etc. and hiring and paying for top notch technicians not to mention only the highest quality parts and the best warranties. Then we are compared to the shops who don't therefore work cheap (That makes us look bad)I guess you need to compare apples to apples?........Just my point of view....B.J.

Comment

what makes me say expensive is the price of their parts. they wanted to charge me 60 bucks for an old used cj pitman arm. centering pins were 12 bucks each with no nut.
          i have never had any work done there, but from the voices of those that have... they are over priced.

there are plenty of above board shops out there with all of the right insurance, and legally paid employees that charge by the book, or by the value of what is done. i'm sure your shop is one of those above board operations.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
            what makes me say expensive is the price of their parts. they wanted to charge me 60 bucks for an old used cj pitman arm. centering pins were 12 bucks each with no nut.
            i have never had any work done there, but from the voices of those that have... they are over priced.

there are plenty of above board shops out there with all of the right insurance, and legally paid employees that charge by the book, or by the value of what is done. i'm sure your shop is one of those above board operations.
            Well said Erik........Thanks, B.J.

Comment

I agree! I no longer work directly with my rig . I dont have the time or the youth to mess with it.. Its advise as this which steered me to a shop which now has all my work.

Originally posted by NAILER341

97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

I can't say enough good things about 4xdoctor in Burbank. I don't know how much engine work they do but when it comes to lifts and roll cages and the like, they get my vote. It's quite a ways from San Pedro though

My jeep had stayed with my Dad for about a year when I moved out to WI. I had them put the long arms on before I drove it out because it's a lot harder to find a good shop here (and I didn't have the necessary tools or the place to do it myself) ... It's been about 3 years and I haven't had a single issue or even a bolt loosen up on me! They are not cheap either but they do excellent work which is what really mattered to me ... with no tools or a place to work on the jeep, the last thing I wanted was to have any problems doing the 2000 mile drive home. ... and of course Moab is on the way from LA to here
                Last edited by seapahn; 02-08-06, 02:07 AM.
                03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Burbanks not bad, I'm up that way quite a bit to talk to Kilby anyway
                  I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

cheap?

just remember one thing looking to pay cheap you get cheap done!
                    paying to have it fixed right the first time is always cheaper than having to go back and pay someone else to fix your cheap job? just my:2:
                    Not In The Office Look For Me on The Trail's!
                    It's a "Jeep Thing" you just wouldn't understand ....

Comment

Working...
                    X