Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Problem

Ok To Introduce Myself,im Dan From New Castle,pa. I Bought A 2000 Cherokee Sport And Have Had Problems Since Day 1. It Got A Front End Alignment Which Fixed The Pulling Problem, But Then I Noticed The Front End Was Going Back And Forth(loose) And A Steering Dampner Fixed That And A Track Arm Was Replaced Too. Then A Noise(clunk) Started Coming From The Front When I Would Turn And A Pitman Arm Was Replaced To Cure That, But The Loose Front End Feeling Came Back And The Dealer Said There Is "nothing Wrong, Thats How Jeeps Drive" But I Know They Dont. What Else Could Be Making My Front End So Loose,i Am Constantly Correcting It To Go Str8 Down The Road? Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated....and Sorry For Such A Long Post.

Sounds like to me somebody is taking you for a ride. All of the problems you had so far should have been caught when the the first alignment was done. I would look for a differant shop prefered one that does just alignments.

You didn't mention what kind of tires your running, Stock? oversizes? type and kind?
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Could be a lot of things.

Easiest thing to do is have someone turn the steering wheel while you watch. Something is loose or you have one/some bad tre's.

As Dan said, what kind of tires? have you rotated them lately.

Just some thoughts that might get you going in the right direction.
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

ok, sorry. Im running stock size Firestone Destination A/t's put on new when i bought it in December. The dealer is replacing this stuff under warranty at no charge to me which is cool but since i bought it ive put more miles on their Chevy Impala rental car than i did my Jeep. Ive had three places look at it and they all tell me they cant find anything wrong or worn out but they all agree it does drive really loose but dont know what to replace. Im lost.

Comment

For TJs and I am going to assume the same for XJs there is a simple adjustment on the power steering box to help tighten things up. Its in the FSM for TJs so if you have one for your XJ might be worth a look.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Working...
          X