Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get spindle off of knuckle

Was workin on my jeep today tryin to regrease ll the bearings and check the shafts and stuff and i cant get the passenger side spindle to speperate from the knuckle. have tried numerous things and nothing seems to work, it is a dana 30 in a cj if that helps any, if anyopne can help it would be appreciated.

thanks will

Originally posted by willmont
    Was workin on my jeep today tryin to regrease ll the bearings and check the shafts and stuff and i cant get the passenger side spindle to speperate from the knuckle. have tried numerous things and nothing seems to work, it is a dana 30 in a cj if that helps any, if anyopne can help it would be appreciated.

thanks will
    Try a little heat. If you dont have a torch, try a little butane hand held torch. Heat, beat with hammer.
    ASM REAPER BUGGY ON 40'S SOLD
    00 TJ ON 37'S SOLD
    97zj ON 36'S SOLD

04 CUMMINS CRAWLER HAULER

Comment

liquid wrench, use a block of wood and a BFH (Big F@#$ Hammer) hit 12 clock than 6 clock 3 than 9 and so on. more than likey its rusted on. the liquid wrech will work its way thru the rust. Be sure to install the spindle on the same way as this will effect your wheel alignment. (in some cases) If your working the spindle back and forth you may need to side a flat tip screw drive in bewteen the spindle and knuckle,(do not beat the screw driver in!) your going to use it as a pivot point.
      Good Luck
      [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
      In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Let your brains and a bit of leverage be your new buddy.

Find a way to get a bolt in there like the pic and turn the knuckle with the steering wheel. Alternate sides and it will press even the most stubborn spindle right out of the knuckle.

I am Savvy.

Comment

now thats smart!!

Comment

Working...
          X