Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some Warn 8274 info

I came across this winch I believe to be an Warn 8274. The winch belongs to a coworkers neighbor who wants to sell it along with the bumper it’s mounted on and the controls. It was mounted on a full size mid 70’s Chevy truck. The owner claims it still works. To me, it looks like it needs some TLC. The owner is asking $200 all together for the bumper, winch & controls. My coworker did me a favor & took a few pics of it for me. I haven’t seen it yet but it is local to me.

I was thinking at some point to maybe swap it on my Jeep YJ & remove my XD9000i. I'd probably fab my own mount system for it.

I did read a couple threads over on Pirate about the codes stamped on it – but I’m still at a loss as to what the numbers/letters exactly mean for this one. If somebody knows – I’d appreciate the breakdown on this one. Thanks!

Does it look like it's missing something(s)?
    Thoughts?

looks like it's missing the cover on the pass side, and it could be a 6K winch instead of the 8274. Call Warn with the numbers.
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Thanks John! I'll do that & post what they say soon (that is - if they are open during this holiday season).

Comment

I had a Warn parts website, that breaks down the parts. I ordered so parts from the guy. I post some pic's of my winch if you like I run the 8274
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Oh well, as I suspected - Warn is closed down for the holiday season (Dec 24th through Jan 1st).

Comment

D4x4Fish, feel free to add pics, or other info!

I'll probably go take a look at it today & see what other info I can gather from it.

Comment

found it!
              Warn parts

Comment

Heres some pix

Comment

That looks like one of those cable operated Warn 6000 lb winches from the '60's and early 70's.
                  "Good Girls and Dirty Jeeps" a song by Opal Justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xRtRE45OVQ

Comment

It's a warn bellview m6000 I have a parts breakdown it you want it. I have the same winch on my 67 cj5

Comment

Working...
                    X