Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel leak

I did some 4 wheelin' today :yay:

On several occasions fuel leaked out of the filler nozzle. I did have the cap on and the level was 1/2 - 3/4.

This has never happened before but all of a sudden I have fuel sloshing all over the place. On one occasion I removed the filler cap and fuel puked all over me.

A few weeks ago I removed the tank and installed a Kilby skid plate. I have done several trails since then with no probs until today.

Any ideas????
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

One of the smog checks (out here in the land of fruits and nuts) is they pressure check the fuel cap. My guess is your cap is bad.
    :2:
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
      One of the smog checks (out here in the land of fruits and nuts) is they pressure check the fuel cap. My guess is your cap is bad.
      :2:

Good point. I had an emis test recently and the cap passed. Also the tank is holding pressure. It seems like a lot of pressure but I have no data.

Comment

good old Chilton manual for the cherokee page 5-26 figure 78 shows a pressure relief/rollover valve on the top of the gas tank. Next to the fuel pump/level
        [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
        In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
          good old Chilton manual for the cherokee page 5-26 figure 78 shows a pressure relief/rollover valve on the top of the gas tank. Next to the fuel pump/level
          You might be on to something here. What if I pinched the pressure relief vent hose when I reinstalled the gas tank. It might cause pressure build up and gas puking.

Okaaaaaaay, I drop the tank and have a look

Comment

I would appear as if my hypothesis proved to be correct. The vent hose was kinked shut.

Now I'll have to go 4 wheelin' again to test it out

Comment

Working...
            X