Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe running temp....

Ok so winter is upon us and it's damn cold...

... I noticed my temp only runs about 160deg. in the mighty 4-banger...(I think that's what it's at, atleast that's what I would read it as)
    I have a electric cooling fan with an adjustable thermostat... how warm can I run at before it's too much? Reason being I get warm air outta the heater but it's not warm enough to really heat anything. I just ordered.... well actually about 2wks ago and I'm getting impatient... a auxilary heater so that now I might actually get some air flow...
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Adjust your thermostat (on the fan control) until your engine runs at it's normal operating temperature. If you can't get your engine that warm when it is cold (as in: your fan never turns on and it still doesn't warm up), replace your engine thermostat with one the appropriate temperature for your '92 (I don't remember what temp that is.....180? 195?.....).
    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Your YJ's engine should run at least at 195 degrees in cold weather, are you running a non-stock thermostat? The correct thermostat for the 2.5L (and 4.0L) is a 195 degree model.
      The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
      X