Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to forum

Newbie to the forum. Thinking about buying 93 ZJ, 4.0L, auto, from a friend. Runs well, 140k miles. Minor issues like Electric locks don't work and low coolant indicator stays on, but have another friend that is an excellant mechanic.

Questions are: is this a good buy, know of any major issues with this model, parts availibility for modification? (not in me to leave it stock)

Really wanted a SWB jeep to go topless in the summer, but not practical with a 2 yr old in a car seat.

All comments and suggestions welcome.

Thankyou.

Welcome to the board!

Nothing wrong with a two year old in the back of an open jeep Theyd love it!

Im sure someone will chime in here with some advice on the ZJ.

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I drove my 2 and 3 year olds around in my first wrangler and even did some light wheelin' with them in thier bucket seats. The rear seat belts actually work really well to buckle in the car seats and the seats themselves have great little harnesses in them. Both of my girls loved it and still talk about how cool it was to go to pre school in the back of my rig.
      2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

Not sure my daughter would like it so much. She really doesn't like the wind. But the ZJ would be the DD. Hope to start a project next year, that will almost certainly be an open top, SWB Jeep that will be strictkly for fun. Can't wait. Until then I have to work on getting her outside more.

Comment

how much? it is a 12 year old vehicle, so check to see if they have the matinence records. check the oil, is it dirty, sludge? If the oil is fresh, that is the sign of problems. Most people dont spend money on an oil change right before they sell. Look at the tranny fluid, what color is it? does it smell burnt? does it burn oil when you start it up, or give it gas. Where is it parked normally, is there an oil slick there? these are standard used car buying questions.

I believe it is a first year vehicle, so there might be problems there . . . I dont know.

I think you should get a TJ or YJ with a hardtop.

Good luck
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
          X