Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORF Tire/Can Carrier Fit An 06' Rubi?

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Howdy!

I was wondering if anyone knows if O-R Fab's Swing-away Tire/Can Carrier for 03-05 TJ's will fit on an 06' Rubi? I have some other questions about the install, but I will wait to see if anyone here has done the install themselves.

Thanks,
    ~Dan [/COLOR]

I dont see why not, but you might want to contact ORFab to make sure.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

you'll deffinately want to ask them directly. from what i understand there were some hinge changes on the 06.
      minor changes, but not all aftermarket fabbers have yet adapted their swing outs to it yet.
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Thanks for the info! I am going to write ORF and see what they have to say. While I am at it, I will ask them if they have anything to make use of the third brake light.

~Dan[/COLOR]

Comment

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Opps, I forgot to follow up here. I contacted ORF and they immediately answered all questions I had including the big one of IF it will fit an 06 Rubi which I was told it WILL.

Thanks,
          ~Dan[/COLOR]

Comment

You'll like your new ORF carrier. Mine has been carrying two full jerry cans and a 35" tire for nearly five years and it's still as completely rattle-free and quiet as the day I installed it. When installing it, set the left-hand catch for the swing-out assembly so it is maybe 3/8" lower than the right side to compensate for the weight of everything. When the heavy tire and jerry cans are mounted, it'll close at catch-level if you do.
            Last edited by Jerry Bransford; 12-04-05, 02:04 PM.
            The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Working...
            X