Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Wobble

My front left tire wobbles a bit driving down the road. I had them rotated recently and it is still there, so I dont think it is the tire or rim. I havnt had a chance to get the tire off yet and really look in there. Is there something I should look for? Could a bent axle shaft be the problem? u-Joint going bad?

Thanks

Dana 30 with 33's
    Supe
    97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
    Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Did you have the tires balanced when they were rotated?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Yup.
      Supe
      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA

Comment

Not that I am an expert but things I would look at:

Is the tire on nice and tight, torques to specs? silly and obvious but easy to checked.

Could be ball joints or hub. You should jack up the front and push/pull on the tire, should not be a whole lot of play in it.

Does it wobble more when braking? Maybe warped rotor and loose brake pads.

Just throwing some things out there.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Thanks, Nagal. That is what I need, things to look for.

It doesnt wobble more when braking. Faster I go, more it wobbles. Thats why I was thinking a bent shaft, but I am not sure how easily they bend... I have a spare shaft, I will probably throw that in this weekend and drive it to see if it does anything.
          Supe

Comment

Working...
          X