Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeepsRus/Jasper motors

Any opinions guys? $,4500 for a new motor with all the extras..oil pump, clutch, water pump etc......installed

Ouch!

I hope its a Stroker with Fuel injection and Gold Valve Covers
    [COLOR=Red]Semper Fi[/COLOR]
    In Loving Memory of My Daughter

Comment

Originally posted by D4x4Fish
      Ouch!

I hope its a Stroker with Fuel injection and Gold Valve Covers
      heres the deal.............I have looked all over for someone reputable to build me a motor with no luck. No one is of much help, including the folks on this board,no offens. For this to be a Jeep board surley someone knows a mechanic who can yake care of it.

Comment

with all of the machine shops in long beach you cant find one to build your motor? why not buy a low mile motor and just replace the one you have? i did this and have been very satisfied for the 400 bucks i spent on the low mile 1998 4.0 i put in .
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
        ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

what year is your jeep? what engine is in there?
          ERIK

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
            with all of the machine shops in long beach you cant find one to build your motor? why not buy a low mile motor and just replace the one you have? i did this and have been very satisfied for the 400 bucks i spent on the low mile 1998 4.0 i put in .
            Now thats a little more what I'm talking about............sounds good!

Comment

ERIK

Comment

1990, 4.2 I6

Comment

what a cooincidence... i just so happen to have one of those. it is within ten miles of you, and currently on ebay
                  i have not run it, but you are welcome to do all the testing you like on it before buying it. it is sopposedly a low mile engine. 80,000 miles or less per the person i got it from.
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT
                  you are welcome to come by and take a look.. test for compression.. whatever you want. i expect this to go upward of 200 bucks on ebay. the last one i bought i paid 550 for.
                  another option for you to concider.
                  ERIK

Comment

Well since I have no tools and know nothing about motors do you know anyone who could just rbuild my motor or install a new one. I have about 3,000 grand to spend so I kinda wanna get something I wont have to worry about down the road, and not have to install pumps, hoses and filyres myself. Just drop it off and drive it home.

Comment

http://www.jcfabanddesign.com/
                      give jim a call.. i think he will be able to help you. i recommend doing a 4.0 swap. it sounds like you will have enough money to get one done.. i think.
                      give him a call and see what he can do for you. if nothing else, i am sure he can point you in the right direction.
                      let him know i sent you
                      ERIK

Comment

Cool, I will.....thanks.

Comment

I did a cherokee engine swap into my CJ. It was way cheaper 4500 bucks, and it came with a bonus, fuel injection.

1991 (Cherokee) and up is a little simpler to swap.
                          1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

dude, seriously!

go buy a golenengineservice.com 4.6 stroker drop in replacement for your 258. uses a 242 block and a 258 head. you can reuse your exhaust/intake even your carb.. its a direct bolt in. you will need a fuel regulator though. its 260 horses with a TON of torque. its street legal and smog ready. it utilizes the older 258's crank and rods and uses newer everything else. best of both worlds. im gonna do it for my tj. you should give chad a call. go to there web site and check it out.
                            installation is no biggie. just rent a cherry picker, disconnect everthing off the tranny and frame and pull and replace. done. motor is 3200 plus shipping of about 300 to so cal. im in rancho cucamonga so i know about the shipping. theres not tax on the engine either. good luck... you could also just call scotty4x4 in fontana, ca and get a nice used motor or rebuild your own for about 1500 rebuilt and 800 used.. i'd rebuild as a 2nd option and do the golen for #1. a clutch job or gear change is pretty much harder than an engine swap as long as your using the same block.
                            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                            X