Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade questions

I have a 2003 Rubicon that has aftermarket f/r bumpers,rockrails,PIAA lights already on it. What do you recommend be the next upgrades? I have $1500. to drop.

What kind of wheelin do you do or want to do? Have to know that before suggesting anything.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Rubicon

I do medium difficulty four wheelin. I don't do big time rock crawling or real difficult trails.

Comment

Sounds like you covered what you need to do. Go out, wheel it and have some fun

If the money is just burning a hole in your pocket I would get a winch.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Make sure you have _good_ solid pull points on both ends. I see lots of very _stout_ bumpers being put on with non graded hardware.
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

the only upgrade I would do is some aftermarket control arms and a steering box skid plate, the TJ has a steeerinf box that is just waiting to get smacked, and the control arms are stamped steel. Besides that, from what you wheel and the fact that you have a Rubi, well you are set up to go.
            censored for having an opinion

Comment

hi lift jack and $1400 worth of gas, food, maps and campground fee's.. oh and your other bills as you take some time off and go wheel and explore....
              Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Some protection on the steering box as already mentioned (assuming your bumper doesn't do it already) and something for the diffs (diff guards) both front and back.

If you're going to do hard trails at any point, you may want to get something under the oil pan (skid plate). A "tummy tucker" is also a standard mod with stock rubicons to get some clearance in the low hanging belly.

Other than that, just keep an eye on the u-joint caps on the front axles as they could go any time and you'd need to replace the shafts.
                03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
                "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Working...
                X