Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x4 light no worky...

... ok so I just thought I didnt have a 4x4 light... its never worked since I bought the Yeep. But I noticed it in the guage cluster one day so I decided to check it out. Well its not the bulb cuz it worked in other spots I tried it in, and the wires look ok from what I could see... but I dont know of any other places to check. Is there a fuse anywhere... or relay? And where does it get signal that its in 4x4? Is there anyplace under the body that could have got knocked loose or broke? Its not a huge deal but its nice to have.
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

IIRC, the signal comes from the axle disconnect in front - check the wiring there. I think it's powered from a switch on the TC
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

it also could be a vaccum leak somewhere in between the front axle disconnect and the t/case, i've seen the lines pop off after getting snagged on crap....
      Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Andy
        it also could be a vaccum leak somewhere in between the front axle disconnect and the t/case, i've seen the lines pop off after getting snagged on crap....
        Wouldnt that cause the 4x4 to not work all together? Its just the light that dont work..... hever have any problems with the 4x4 driveline yet...
        Yellow 01 Sport
        4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin92
          Wouldnt that cause the 4x4 to not work all together? Its just the light that dont work..... hever have any problems with the 4x4 driveline yet...
          Yep. No vacuum, no front axle engagement.
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY
          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I believe that the light is triggered by a vaccum actuated switch, follow the vaccum lines to an electrical wire that triggers the light.
            I have a Jeep

Comment

Working...
            X