Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New shoes

Well, took delivery of my new tires and rims yesterday. TrailReady 17"x9" beadlocks, and Toyo 37x12.50R17 Open Country MT's.

No pictures yet, just piled in the garage for now. Need to cut the rear fenders and install the TJ flares first.

Damn, those are big tires..............
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Wow! Now does that mean you're going to come out and wheel with us sometime? Good luck hackin' up your Jeep, and get crackin' on those pics
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Need to do the rear fenders, plus replace my master cylinder and front brakes, and drop the gas tank (clean out the obstruction). Past that, I should be good
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

What axles do you have?
        92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

You mean the stock ones aren't good enough???

Dana 60 rear, Dana 44 front
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

When my BFGs are done I was looking forward to trying the Toyo MTs as well. Let me know how they work.
            92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Buddy of mine (RatherBeJeeping) has the 35x13.50's - he's real happy with them (on the street, his religion prohibits off highway travel)

They're quiet, one thing I like. The 60 can use all the help it can get with clearance, so 37's seemed like the plan. 17" will keep the sidewalls from flexing too much.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

How heavy are the tires? Or the combo? They look like a pretty good tire.

Comment

Dunno, I'll have to look up the data - no scales at my house
                  Jeff
                  OHV76V
                  KG6TY

Comment

Jeff, Im interested in seeing how you like the tires.. I know John likes his 35's, but Im looking to fit something bigger and Im torn between the Irok and the toyo.. Leaning toward the irok because I know it'll be cheaper, but for the right tire, Id spend more money

BTW,
                    You weren't up in my neck of the woods a few mornings ago were ya? Around 630 am, parked in a day use area on the side of hwy 18, just before getting to Rim forest? Don't remember what day it was, but I was on my way to work, and saw a Jeep that looked pretty damn close to yours, but it was just getting light out, so I could be wrong...
                    Scott
                    89 yj with crap and stuff.

Comment

Ok, found the weight of the tires - 93# (my back can verify that!)

Scotty, your rig barely runs well enough to turn 33's - HTH will it do anything _heavier_???

(BTW - plan on something Street Legal or I _will_ have to hurt you!)

Wasn't my Yeep - last time we were up there IIRC was more then a month ago
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                        Buddy of mine (RatherBeJeeping) has the 35x13.50's - he's real happy with them (on the street, his religion prohibits off highway travel)
                        Remind me to kick you in the nuts once I feel better
                        I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Bwahahahahahahaha
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY

Comment

93# WOW that is a heafty tire!! Thanks for the info. Have fun mounting them

Comment

my 35's were 85 lbs each, but the balanced with barely any weight
                              I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Working...
                              X