Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Air Intake... yay or nay

So lately I have been thinking of getting a cold air intake for the YJ hopeing for slightly better gas milage and lil more get up and go. only thing is the places I usually Jeep through have pretty deep water holes and puddles you gotta push through so I am worried about getting water in the intake. I'm not one of those who goes balls to the wall through water.... but every now and then you start to get hung up and gotta give her hell to get out.... and I know water splashes eerywhere under the hood.... anyways.... cold air intake... yay or nay?
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

nay
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

nay
      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

nay
        03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
        "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Hell I changed mine to a hot air intake to make room for the York on my V-6
          I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

haha, yeah i was gonna say that i just cut the tube and threw on a k&n cone. you get a few ponys, i doubt you'd get more w/the shield. and i had to do that route to for my york210 to sit next to my ac. kilby style.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Cold-air with the shield?- nay. Tube intake with a cone filter-yay! Just be sure its smog-legal where you live. Here in Cali some are legal, some aren't. It gave us a small low-end torque boost and helps quite a bit with the mileage.
              It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
              and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Nay.

Michael
                1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport
                3" Rough Country Lift

Comment

They are:poop:
                  That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Nay, not worth the money and they don't do anything worthwhile.
                    The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

I have read some posts saying they get good results using an ARB snorkel kit. They say you get the cold air and a ram air effect with the scoop. plus you don't have to worry about water crossings.
                      Dennis
                      04 TJ
                      4.0/Auto
                      RE 4.5 Long Arm
                      Rock-It Man Rockers
                      33x12.50 BFG A/T
                      desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Working...
                      X