Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grease Gun Needle Fitting

Okay, I have the Auto Zone needle fitting for my grease gun and it just plain sucks. If its not bending on me, it squirts more oil from its base (where the fitting fit to the grease gun) than the needle. I have gone through 2 of them so far.

Are they all like this or is it worth buy a quality one? If so which one?
    Last edited by nagal; 10-17-05, 09:01 AM.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

John, you mean to tell us that Harbor Freight actually has something worth getting?

Comment

Let's keep it a secret Joe.

Comment

I got one of those needles for my standard grease gun and had nothing but trouble getting grease in the CV joint, mainly the centering ball. I ended up removing the shaft. Once removed it seems the centering ball will only accept grease if it's in netural or in a straight line. Not that this is the problem your having but now I just remove the shaft to lube it. It's cleaner and I use/waste less grease.

B&T TJ

Comment

I jsut bought a grease gun and need the flexible attachment but do grease guns need an adapter to attach a flexible hose? probably a stupid question.

Comment

Threads should be the same on the hose and shaft - mine are anyway
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ
                I got one of those needles for my standard grease gun and had nothing but trouble getting grease in the CV joint, mainly the centering ball. I ended up removing the shaft. Once removed it seems the centering ball will only accept grease if it's in netural or in a straight line. Not that this is the problem your having but now I just remove the shaft to lube it. It's cleaner and I use/waste less grease.

B&T TJ
                I'll let you borrow my little grease gun like in the picture Tom. Got to be better then dropping the shafts

Comment

Working...
                X