Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add-A-Heater thingys

...so... do these aftermarket heaters actually help any? Its flippin cold during the winter and the Yeep never gets to a comfortable warm in the cab... it blows hot air, just not enough....

...also... I heard someone say they bought a insulation type kit thingy that went up with...ahh...velcro(SP?)... and they said it helped quite a bit since hardtops dont do very good at holding heat. Anyone heard of this... I'm sure I could make something similar if needed but I'm too lazy hehe.
    Last edited by crawlin92; 10-07-05, 05:10 AM.
    Yellow 01 Sport
    4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Maaaaan I LOVE Tucson!
    Rubicons rule Hummers drool, Suzukis are cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconman
      Maaaaan I LOVE Tucson!
      Yeah well eventually I am prolly moving to VA but I'm stuck here for this winter. Last winter sucked and I didnt even drive in the coldest months... but this yr I will be so I'm reaaaally thinkg about buying one.
      Yellow 01 Sport
      4" Pro Comp lift | D44 | 33x12.5 Duratracs

Comment

I had a heater in the back of a land cruzer and it helped. I ended up draping plastic over the roll bar so the heat would not go in the back.
        1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

slicktops.com has a hard and soft top liner that is made of 3m blanket and some foam or something that deadens road noise and keeps the heat in. I am thinknig about gettin one too. $200.00 plus shipping. Also saw on another forum where somebody bought neoprene from wet okole and had it molded and glued somehow to the inside of his hard top. looked pretty cool, but i dont want a permanent thing

I miss MN., used to live in Minnetonka

hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Rubiconman
            Maaaaan I LOVE Tucson!
            I agree. Although I am kind of bummed I had to put my doors and windows back on until I get the noisy bastard back from the body shop.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Something that will help - buy a pair of common 3/4" PVC 90 degree elbows (sprinkler section of the home improvement store) and "point" the heater flow up. Then run a self tapping screw through the vent and into the elbow.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

There is a writeup in JP magazine this month about swapping in the newer style '93-'95 YJ heater motor/fan into a CJ. I believe this would be a straight bolt in, or minimal trimming to make fit into your YJ. Supposedly the motor is beefier and the fan design was updated to move more air. I was going to put a Blazer blower motor in my CJ, but I think I'm going to go with the YJ after reading that article.
                1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Harbor frieght has a ceramic heater that plugs into the cigarette light and it does quite nicely. sorry heres the link. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=36711
                  Last edited by sarah; 10-19-05, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X