Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Situation...I think.

So there I am cruising down the freeway at about 75mph. All of a sudden we smell some burning( more of an exhaust/oil smell though) and my 94 XJ starts to drop speed rapidly even though the pedal is to the floor. There is also a knocking noise coming from the engine and when we stopped up at an AutoZone. their only repsonse to seeing and hearing it is that I need a new engine. It has over 230,000 on it. She feels fine when driving around even on freeways and other times at high speeds. There is just an annoying noise. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks....Mike.

would the anoying noise be the knock? Depending on how loud it is, it probably wont be long before a rod exits the block.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
      would the anoying noise be the knock? Depending on how loud it is, it probably wont be long before a rod exits the block.

i agree with chris on this one....
      B R E T T
      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Ask Nailer341 what happens. Does the noise get louder or change w/ RPM?
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
          Ask Nailer341 what happens. Does the noise get louder or change w/ RPM?
          i'll tell you what happens. when the clanging stops, that means the rod flew through the block. oil gores everywhere, and makes a big mess. then you wind up broken down in the bowels of east LA and have a new dent on your brand spanking new camry from the flying rod, and block debris.
          :yay:
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Yeah if i let off the gas it will quiet down alot but when i accelerate, its a very loud and annoying knocking noise.

Comment

Originally posted by AFI4203
              Yeah if i let off the gas it will quiet down alot but when i accelerate, its a very loud and annoying knocking noise.
              Cool, it will be even more annoying when it pops and you're stranded in the middle of nowhere.
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
              X