Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that go CLANK, POP, CLUNK

As the title says, my poor heep has been makin all sorts of racket (besides normal squeeks and rattles ) when taking off from a stop. There have been a few occassions while driving down the road that it feels like the front axle is about to fall out....that pops loud and shakes the whole jeep.

Have have yet to find the cause of any of these things. The trackbar is torqued, 74 at axle and i believe 150 at the frame (RE adj. trackbar). This lift has been on the heep for about a year now, the rubber bushings appear to be in good shape still but how do I know if the flex joints are shot? They don;t take grease anymore, but would those cause pops, clunks and bangs?
    04 Rubicon
    4.5" RE Super Flex
    1" BL
    CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
    Currie Anti-rock swaybar
    35" el cheapos
    Front Bumper & Rockers

control arms torqued? Shocks tight? The RE joints are probably rusted and could use a cleaning.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Off hand do you know the torque specs for the control arms? I don't remember and lost my instructions.

How hard/easy is it to rebuild the RE joints? somethin I could do in a few hours or plan a day for it?
      04 Rubicon
      4.5" RE Super Flex
      1" BL
      CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
      Currie Anti-rock swaybar
      35" el cheapos
      Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

I think 130 Ft/Lbs IIRC. The length of time to rebuild depends on how rusted they are. I rebuilt all 8 of mine in a weekend, but a couple were a royal pain in the ass! Its really not that hard. They probably dont even need to be rebuilt, just cleaned and re assembled (and lubed!).
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
        X