Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gauges are pegged, what gives?

ok as you probably read i rebuilt the engine...before the rebuild all the gauges worked with the exception of the fuel gauge...it reads pegged out high all the time...

after i put the engine in all the ones left of the clock are pegged out high...is there a common power wire or ground wire they share?

Yes, the fuel gauge and temperature are powered by the same source. You need to make sure you don't have the two temperature sensor wires hooked up backward (either in the dash or under the hood - the ends on the engine sensors are the same). I had the wires to the temp sensors on the engine mixed up when I put my engine back in and it did the same thing.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

really? there is morethan one temp sensor?i only seen one on the back of the head...left side...could you enlighten me a little more...

Comment

There is an intake manifold sensor on the bottom of the manifold. It has the same post style connector as the temp sensor on the bottom of the head. The manifold sensor is a switch (normally closed), so if you connect the wrong lead to it, the temp gauge reads pegged.
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

i had no idea...i'll look at it tomorrow thanks man...

Comment

Working...
          X