Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back up lights?

ok so my back up lights havent worked since i bought my jeep and i really could care less because i put led's in my rear bumper and just wired them to my daylighters, but.... i got busted for not having them the other day so i want to fix them. i have the t-5 tranny and i noticed a little sensor(thingy) on the tailpipe side and maybe that is bad. i havent checked to see if there is power going to the bulbs yet but i dont think that both of them would burn out simutaniously. oh and someone put a band m short throw in it if that makes a diff. any help?
    thanx
    Jim
    ../l ,[____],
    l---L--OlllllllO 86 cj7 2.5" lift
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

The little sensor thingy on the driver side of the trans is the reverse switch. It must be wired to the reverse lights. Do you still have wires going to the switch? The shifter doesn't have anything to do with it.
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

yes i still have wires to the switch . but my backup lights in my tail lights wont work-- so maybe the sensor is bad??
      Jim
      ../l ,[____],
      ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

The sensor is just a switch - you can check it with a multi meter and seeing if there is continuity when you put the shift lever in reverse. If you have continuity, then it's not the switch. Have you checked the fuse?
        1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
        My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

yes i checked the fuse and the sensor. it must just be in my wiring somewhere. i'll replace it and let you know thanx
          Jim
          ../l ,[____],
          ()_) ()_)----)_)

Comment

Working...
          X