Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on rear bumper/tire carrier

a few weeks ago i destroyed my stock rear bumper in paragon, along with the cb antenna, t-case skid, and front drive shaft. needless to say good times. anyway, i'm looking around for a good rear bumper with a tire carrier and possibly room for a highlift jack. no jerry cans though. i have the warn front bumper, but some of the paint has flaked off and up here in the rust belt...looking for something more durable.

also..any ideas on where to get a big cb whip antenna? i want to curl it from the rear tailight up to the windshield and secure it there. thanks everybody
    Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
    5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

The best bumper IMHO is made by Bullet Proof but they are v expensive.

I have a Toys by Troy and for the price it's hard to beat.

OTOH Rock-It Man has been getting some great reviews.
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

If I was in the market for a new rear bumper and tire carrier, I would go with Rock it Mans.

I do have a Warn rear bumper. It does not have the tire carrier though. So, I will have to mod it after I get my bigger tires on. If I can not find the stuff to make my own tire carrier, I will buy a whole new rear bumper and carrier.

Navy-Jeepster
      Gold Digger
      Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
      Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Have you looked at Rock-It Man Fabrication?

I have one of his bumpers with a swing out tire carrier and hi lift mount. I couldn't be happier. It's is a great bumper and their customer service is top notch.
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

inexpensive

well if your looking for an inexpesive one like i was, try the new smitybilt SRC, I paid under $500.00, I have it, and will carry up to a 35" tire too.

I have pics on webshots.com, just search under bigdogg. or click here!

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...8173420hfKpFz#

Comment

thanks for the help, i think im gonna to save for the rock it man... of all of them, it looks like its just awesome, and i like supporting an fellow MJR person instead of some big company.
            Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
            5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

good choice on the rock-it -man he also has excellent customer service-

Comment

I have a rock-it man bumper carier and can say it is heavyduty, adjustable and nicely finished. Plus the customer service is first class. He uses first class delivery service also. I actually had him modify the mounts to match another mod I had and he was more than willing to do it, that is great customer service.
                censored for having an opinion

Comment

Bumper and Tire Carrier

I have a Hanson Rear Bumper and Spare Tire Carrier. Also holds the HI Lift Jack and Tools. It is of superb Quality and Craftsmanship. Holds my 35" spare well on the trail. I am a Hanson Dealer, but can get you Warn and others as well. Whatever the budget I can Help...B.J. @ Stellar Performance 760-365-2692..................Good Luck, B.J.

Comment

Working...
                  X