Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do a quick check

My Jeep sprung a leak overnight and I had a puddle under the front. It was the radiator drain plug which had broken off. The radiator is not stock and the plug is nylon. Ughhh - I can believe I used a nylon drain plug

Lucky it didn't break on the trail 'cos the plug is M10. Anyway it's all fixed up now with a stainless bolt. :yay:

You may want to check yours
    "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Originally posted by aston
    You may want to check yours
    Thankfully, I don't have a YJ. :yawn: :oops: :tumble:
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Nylon, Ha! At work I'm seeing alot of plastic radiators in newer vehicles which is pretty ridiculous I think. But great idea for the manufacturers to keep new car owners back in the dealership after you already spent a zillion $$ on a new Beemer or VW. And of course they're designed to bust after the warranty is up.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

TJ's all have plastic petcocks. I blew one out once and it was $6 to replace.
        It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

The problem with nylon is that it creeps, over time. So if you take a nylon bolt and place it in tension gradually the tension will disappear as the nylon creeps. Now the bolt is not doing what it was intended to do.
          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Working...
          X