Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Jeep Mechanic

I've asked this ? before to no avail...anyone know any good, local mechs. to rebuild my motor... I have the money ready, just need the shop...thanks.

what is wrong with your jeep motor and what jeep is it? I have a shop in Hermosa Beach 310.372.7800 ask for me.. danny
    The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Its a 92 wrangler.....it rattles really bad whan I start it and when the RPMs are up. Ive been told by a few people that it needs a new motor. Thanks for the number, I will call you over the week.

Comment

motor mount??????? usualy they go out on YJ's
        ./| ,[_____], 4.5"
        |ŻŻŻL--D|||||D 33"
        ()_)Ż()_) ŻŻ )_) Armor
        Locked and Ready

Comment

sounds like a rod, if it changes with RPM
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

jeepsRus in laguna beach. sounds like you need a stroker upgrade. you say you have the money. why spent 1700 or whatever on a back to stocker when you can get a sweet bad boy from http://www.golenengineservice.com/
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

speaking of golen, do they make a motor to replace the 4.2 carbed motor and keep it smog legal? I wouldnt mind replacing my current 4.2 with a decent golen motor and howell EFI, but getting it to pass the smog ref after the swap might be a problem.
              Scott
              89 yj with crap and stuff.

Comment

My recomendation, find a newer engine out of a wrecked vehicle. The jeep 4.0 is fairly easy to swap in, or you could go with something bigger if you want more power. It has to be from the same model year or newer to be smog legal. It will also mean swaping most of the other components related to the engine, but if you are going to get a new engine why not get something better.
                I have a Jeep

Comment

Working...
                X