Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB SS SYE & Speedo Calibration

I am thinking of getting JB Conversions Super Short SYE for my Jeep. The only issue I have with it, is that it use a tone ring and magnetic pickup in place of the gear to send speed information.

The common solution that I have come across is to use a speedo calibration unit. JB Conversions recommends the Dakota Digital unit which is another $80 on top of the $300 for the SS SYE.

I did come across some information that new wrangler could have the computer re-programmed for a specific tire and gear size.

Does anyone know if this is possible in a 1998 Wrangler Sport?
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Call Jason at RedRock4x4 and discuss it with him. He'll tell you the regular SYE is fine and why: 801-274-2215
    He's very knowledgable.

He will also give you a best-buy on the AA conversion package with TW custom made driveshaft, shipped to your door.

Comment

I have done the sye and the dakoda, it works well, just more wires under the dash, the calibration is easy and they have a help full customer service too.
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Dan,

thanks for the input on the Dakota. That might be the way I go just have not heard enough about it to be sure.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

www.dakotadigital.com I think the part# is SGI-5 for the speedo
          The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Working...
          X