Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 or 33

Hello!

With a 2" Lift, and 1" Body Lift, what would work better for me?

32" or 33" tires? What brand as well? Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by JakesJeep; 08-08-05, 07:45 PM.

Black 98 TJ Sport, L&B 62MM TBS, 2" RockyRoad BB,1" BL,MAKO 1" T-drop, Dynomax Exhaust, blahhhh

Welcome to MJR!

Bigger is always better
    Everyone that I know that bought 32s eventually ended up with 33s anyway.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Get 32's and you'll regret not getting 33's.
      “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
      -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Careful with the 33's...with the wrong backspacing or too wide of a tire, and you'll be rubbing the fenders, frame, sway bar, and those pesky brake lines.......with 3.75" of lift, I have rubbed all of the above with 285/75r16's on stock wheels....
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Ditto on the I bought 32s and went to 33s. It just took me a long time to do it.

Tires are expensive! Get the ones you want, and the ones you want are (I am speculating here) the 33s.

Comment

Originally posted by JakesJeep
            Hello!

I think youre going to want 33's but have a hard time fitting them in there without at least another 1/2"-depending on the tire. I have 33's with 2 1/2" suspension and 1" body...and rub nearly everywhere.

Oh and as far as brand goes...I honestly think the only choice out there is Goodyear MTR's. They will change your wheeling experience. end of story.

Tam
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

On the bright side, MTRs are usually smaller on the rims than their rated size. My 35x12.5" MTRs actually measure 34" on 15x8 rims. I know some guys running 32x11.5 MTRs on 15x8s that actually measure closer to 31.5 on the rim. So you are probably safer with 33" MTRs than other "larger" 33s.
              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

I found the specs... for MT/R.. Also, are there any equations to figure newly aquired gas mileage when adding a bigger tire. I have 31 right now and I get 22 MPG. Manual, how much is this going to go down.

32X11.5 QR15
                113Q C
                2535 lbs.
                50 psi
                20/32"
                51 lbs. 8-10"
                9"
                11.4"
                NA
                31.5" <----- 31

33X12.5 QR15
                108Q C
                2205 lbs.
                35 psi
                20/32"
                57 lbs. 8.5-11"
                10"
                12.5"
                NA
                32.4" <------ still 32.

Black 98 TJ Sport, L&B 62MM TBS, 2" RockyRoad BB,1" BL,MAKO 1" T-drop, Dynomax Exhaust, blahhhh

Comment

you all are crazy!? 33x12.50s with a 3 1/2 inch lift!?! im guessing you hacked a whole lot of sheetmetal to make those bad boys fit...oh wait...TJs????? you dont know how lucky you people are....

PS what the hell is a body lift??
                  B R E T T
                  87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie
                    you all are crazy!? 33x12.50s with a 3 1/2 inch lift!?! im guessing you hacked a whole lot of sheetmetal to make those bad boys fit...oh wait...TJs????? you dont know how lucky you people are....

Body lifts are for those of us who don't like mounting our suspension and drivetrain to the sheetmetal....
                    olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                      Body lifts are for those of us who don't like mounting our suspension and drivetrain to the sheetmetal....
                      ewwwwwwww, that was mean, LOL,
                      body lifts are lifts between frame and body, you have to have a body on frame vehicle to put one on, the XJ is unibody
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by JeepJunkie

Shhhhhhhhh, the point is to get him to mod out his jeep . By his third or fourth wheeling trip he'll have a flat fendered TJ with body armor en route UPS .
                        Last edited by paulhead; 08-09-05, 11:05 PM.
                        “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                        -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

ha ha, it's like i'm not listening =P

Comment

33&quot; MT/R's

Originally posted by JakesJeep
                            Hello!

Throw a set of BDS 3" springs in there and run 33" tires. If you got the longer shocks for a BB or whatever, they should work with 3" springs. I think they're about $160 at JD Offroad, and will work with everything else you have. If you have a stock front trackbar you may want to upgrade that to center your axle. If you need a rear TB bracket they are cheap.

You have a MML, right? You may need 3/4" of spacers under the TC. I ran this setup in my last jeep and it worked really well. Plenty of room under there for what has been said is the ideal tire size for a jeep: 33-12.50's. But as has been previously mentioned, the bigger the better. The problem is that bigger brings on a host of challenges and reguires big $$ for setup. Ask me!!

If the tires hit your control arms just add a washer under the steering stops.

Oh, and it was funny when all of us were lined up on the spillway at Loon Lake at the trailhead of the Rubicon and my daughter said "How come everyone has the same kind of tires?" I said "Gee honey, it's the best tire made for the trails we do."

Comment

Working...
                            X