Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting new battery

i need to get a new battery, and was looking at the optima red tops, local autozone carries them for $119, you guys know anywhere cheaper or perhaps better suggestions, than an optima?
    Carlos

92 YJ
    GO VEGAN!
    volunteer at your local food shelter!

I just picked up a Yellow Top at a Farm and Fleet (local only?) for $141. The Red Top was going for about $106 I think.
    03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
    "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

ive run both the yellow top and the red top by optima, the yellow top was good for running like the winch and ext. lighting without having the truck on. but the red top just has a ton of cold cranking amps which is awesome for some of the cold mornings here in bufflo during the winter. the red ran the other eletrical items fine. a guy that i wheel with has a cj-7 with a chevy 350 in it and has also run both, he too prefers the red top because of the crank amps it produces to get that big engine of his running quickly. anyway, those priuces seem pretty decent, i dont remeber exactly what i paid for mine, i think la lkittle over 100 for the red and over 150 for the yellow. my two cents anyway good luck
      Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
      5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

blue top at costco. best price i saw that didn't involve UPS.
        Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
        2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

could i run the bluetop with no problems, i have seen the red top and the blue top at costco awhile ago, but they have things one day the next day they are gone forever
          Carlos

92 YJ
          GO VEGAN!

Comment

There are two versions of the blue top ... one is a deep cycle that's just like the yellow top, and the other is pretty much the same as the red top. Usually you can tell which one is which by the price.
            03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
            "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

i saw the blue top that is similar to the red top and it is 10 dollars more, i will go with the red top 800 amps for 119, unfortunately my local costco doesnt sale them
              Carlos

92 YJ
              GO VEGAN!

Comment

Working...
              X