Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what it is, I want to know what his version is.

Axle hop, wheel hop, spring wrap, etc . . . I just want to be on the same level, so we can figure it out.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I posted that so he had a reference to discribe his problem from
      Have Smackos, will travel

Comment

I feel like I am back in Geometry class being asked to prove what a tri-angle is

Axle hop to me is when the axle jumps up (as in vertical movement) in a disproportionate amount to a change in surface.

In other word, drive over a speed bump at low speeds and feeling as if the rear axle just stuffed itself into the wheel wells then slams back down on the ground.
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

When I put on my 4 inch lift, with the rear trackbar bracket, my trackbar actually hit where the gas tank skid and the body meet.

Every single time I went over a bump it felt like the entire axle slammed into the bottom of the jeep. Check for evidence of this happening. If so all i had to do was turn the track bar 180 degrees so that the top was at the bottom and the bottom was at the top. Almost contacts the exhaust at full passenger rear drop, but it doesn't contact even if I try to force it down.

With the rear springs you have, I am not surprised that you would be getting little more movement back there. Those springs are pretty soft.

Comment

Have you thought about a 3 link rear upper kit? I put one in my TJ and iy got rid of all of the problems in the rear suspention.
            That's a BIG rock!

Comment

maybe walker evans cant set up shocks for shit? sounds like the valving is wrong on the compression side. stiffen it up
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
              X