Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire preasure

can anyone tell me the cold tire preasure for a 30x10.5x15 tire on a 05 wrangler x

thanks

It should be posted on the door jam.

That is where mine is posted.
    Ether that or check the owners manual.

I run mine at 30 psi though.

Todd
    Navy-Jeepster
    Gold Digger
    Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
    Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac
      can anyone tell me the cold tire preasure for a 30x10.5x15 tire on a 05 wrangler x

thanks
      It's an 05...let the dealer check the tire pressures
      "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

hi todd,thanks for serving our country.

the door sticker showes the preasure for smaller tires that came on the jeep.these are 30-10.5-15 atv tires,they were on the jeep,but the dealer doesn't have a clue.

Comment

30 psi, hows that? I run 35 in my 33 MT/R's on the street
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I ran 35psi on the street when we had 30s at the recommendation of the tire shop. I run 30 in our 33s for more even tread wear(35 tends to wear out the center of the tread faster, unless we're heavily loaded. Note: running a higher psi will get you better mpg, but can cause uneven tread wear. While running a lower psi can get you a softer, smoother ride, if you go low enough you'll get quirky handling and uneven tread wear( wears the shoulders faster than the center).
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Look on the sidewall of the tire itself. Should give you a max psi pressure, but most people (?) run about 5-10 psi below that.
              Donate Life - Be a tissue, organ and blood donor

Comment

I always do a quick chalk test on tires to determine what street pressure to run them at. Be sure to run the test when the tires are hot....and keep track of the pressure when they are hot. That way if you stop during a road trip and check the pressure, you will have a accurate base to go by....most people only pay attention to the cold pressure....despite the fact that tires are usually hot when you check the pressure (airing up at the end of a trail, gas station on a road trip, etc).
                olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Originally posted by goodtimes
                  I always do a quick chalk test on tires to determine what street pressure to run them at. Be sure to run the test when the tires are hot....and keep track of the pressure when they are hot. That way if you stop during a road trip and check the pressure, you will have a accurate base to go by....most people only pay attention to the cold pressure....despite the fact that tires are usually hot when you check the pressure (airing up at the end of a trail, gas station on a road trip, etc).

Bingo....i like the chalk test too.
                  B R E T T
                  87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

how do you do a chalk test?do you just draw a line across the thread and see if it wares off compleatly.

Comment

yup. Put a 1" wide mark all the way across the tread, then drive a block or two, then look at the chalk mark. It should *wear* evenly all the way across the tire. If the outside wears more than the center, add more air, if the center wears more than the outside, let some air out, then repeat until you get the desired results.
                      olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

Working...
                      X