Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60 disc brakes

Well, yesterday RatherBeJeeping (John) and his son (SoontoBeJeeping?) came over, along with Peter and Dan to help me put my "well aged" diosck brake kit on the rear 60 in the YJ. For those who don't know me well, let's say I tend to buy stuff and let it sit (age) until I'm damn good and ready to install it.

Went well, got it all apart - then discovered that Custom Differentials had supplied be with two different caliper brackets (I of course had done all the mock up with the correct one). Out came the plasma cutter, second bracket was soon modified - except I cut too big an arc

Got it all together, John and I went for a test drive - still had air (but when you took a second pump - brakes worked WELL. Went back to the house and bled again.

John took it out top test drive - then my cell rings - get over here with the vice grips, NOW!

I'd done a crappy weld on the passenger bracket - and when John dove into the brakes, pop went the weld (took out the braided line too)

Back to the house, took it apart, John kindly modified the bracket and welded it back on (with 3 hours sleep, I wasn't about to do this again).

All back together now - will stop at Earls tomorrow and have them repair the brake line.

Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

It was tons of fun. Thanks for the pizza and beer
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when I pee

Comment

Anytime my friend, anytime. Oscar enjoyed Justin's company - little rat would _not_ go to sleep Sat night!
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

Nice pics, I now have some serious caliper envy as those look huge compared to what I have!
        Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

The calipers are plain old Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 front's - real common for rear swaps where you don't want/need an e-brake (I'll run a Line Lock).

Now, _why_ they built the caliper BRACKETS from 1/2" thick is a good guess. I think I have a new recovery point if needed
          Jeff
          OHV76V
          KG6TY

Comment

Are those 15" wheels?
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Yessir!
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY

Comment

Working...
              X